1. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you like a web-based store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.