1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
2. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
4. Find out the online store's return policy. In case you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
5. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.