1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. An excellent tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.