1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
3. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
5. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are in the up and up and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.