1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's arriving at you fairly!
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.