1. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.