1. Be wary of the emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a website other than the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
5. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.