1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider obtaining a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
4. When shopping online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking into the site that you will be considering buying from. You can find information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you having the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
5. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.