1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. While shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.