1. To protect yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. Online shopping is a terrific way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
3. Discover the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.