1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with some searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.