1. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.