1. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Shop around when you shop online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.