1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. While shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.