1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.