1. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
3. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special offers and sales. This can result in savings to suit your needs as you may get a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to provide.
5. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.