1. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are choosing a site to purchase from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your charge card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your bank card information.