1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not out to take your money.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.