1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you the most money.
5. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.