1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
5. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.