1. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all of this information to determine if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, along with your area before you place an order.
2. If you find a great product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
3. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
4. Before making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on the items and in case there are free shipping options open to you.
5. Internet shopping is a great way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.