1. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are around the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
4. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.