1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Call the internet company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that one could reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.