1. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as a seller.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.