1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
4. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to describe the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use all of this information to determine if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, and your area before you place an order.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.