1. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can be easily impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your info on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the primary site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.