1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
5. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.