1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you want to go to. It really is much safer that way.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your own items and in case there are free shipping options available to you.