1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. An excellent tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this provides you with an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again ought to be given a large swerve.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
5. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.