1. If a company has a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a coupon code.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When you are searching for a place to buy an item and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.