1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to successfully are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
3. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.