1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Whenever you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a brand new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
5. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.