1. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. When you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!
5. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.