1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
3. If you like an online store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
4. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.