1. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
3. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.