1. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Talk to your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
3. If you are going to get doing some shopping on the web, make sure you be aware of the liability for every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention integrated while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your own card in the event the number is stolen.
4. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the main site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.