1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
2. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Learn the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.