1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
3. If you are going to become doing some shopping on the web, make sure you be aware of the liability for each credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your card in the event the number is stolen.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.