1. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
3. To protect yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
5. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply check out at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, move on to a different site to be around the safe side.