1. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.