1. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply look up at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" as opposed to an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. While shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to find the best price for any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.