1. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one which you have in the home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
5. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.