1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.