1. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and no results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your money.
2. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers enjoyed a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
4. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.