1. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.