1. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
2. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all of this information to determine if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, as well as your area prior to placing an order.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.