1. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through another store.
2. While shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to find the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make certain you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. Do more research around the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you need to go to. It is much safer that way.