1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may get yourself a discount in the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation being a seller.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.