1. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
2. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can locate them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.