1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on the items and if there are free shipping options available to you.
4. If you are going to be doing some shopping on the web, make sure you comprehend the liability for every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your own card in the event the number is stolen.
5. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.