1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Always look for online coupons when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.
5. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.